Full Moon

Friday 1 January 2010

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them. The book is Opportunity and its first chapter is New Years Day

So begins another year, welcome 2010, the next decade of the noughties! Last night was fun - a race night with some friends, by some fluke I won overall by backing a horse at 33-1 and practically breaking the bank! Fireworks and a Skylantern followed at midnight with texts and phonecalls being exchanged also.
It was a beautiful morning, crisp, bright and frosty, so I steeled myself and walked the dogs with a bit of a hangover while everyone else slept. There are so many birds in the hedgerows at this time of year, Jake doesn't know which one to chase first.

That was me finished off until the afternoon, I just dozed on the sofa and dreamt about my 2010 resolutions;
1. To expand the self sufficiency
2. To increase the amount of bread I make in a week and do a farmers market.
3. Go back to Yoga!
4. Keep this blog up..
5. Eat wholefood/vegan 2 nights a week

Think that is probably enough....Not sure which one will be the hardest to follow

This afternoon I have made a wheat starter as my other is smelling a bit disgusting. I have also made a starter for a semolina bread, an overnight sponge for some brown rolls and finally later this evening will make some white bread for proof in the fridge overnight, to see how viable it is to make bulk batches in this way.
Looking forward to a curry with all the family this evening, and choosing some veggie seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment